Thursday 2 October 2014

Yarn Along and Conkers

-

On my needles - "Pin Up Queen" sweater in Drops Cotton Light
Reading - Flambards by K.M. Peyton.   A childhood favourite that I am re-reading and enjoying very much.








Took my daily walk in Cannon Hill Park.   Despite the unseasonably warm weather the autumn is really here; the park keepers were busy sweeping up fallen leaves and digging over the flower beds.  Squirrels were busy burying their winter stores.  Cannon Hill Park truly is a gem and we are so lucky that we have such a beautiful place on the doorstep.     I have decided to go there more often for my walk.    I stopped for a sandwich and coffee in the Cannon Hill Tearoom.   I usually go to the MAC  for refreshments and this is the first time I've been to the Tearoom.   I preferred it to the MAC, which gets very busy and full of "yummy mummys".  The Tearoom has a nice, old fashioned feel to it and my coffee and sandwich were tasty and very reasonably priced.





Shiny conkers in the park - a sure sign that autumn is here 

No comments:

Post a Comment